Online Log posts are entered by the website editor in support of current research activities. Posts may include images, videos, textual material and research summaries.
The following comments are for a brief test of the Free version of Google Meet which is excellent for basic functions and small groups.
Google Meet online video communication tool for small groups is a nice application. It functions well, however, the size of the screen is important. For large groups, the instructors station will benefit when it is linked to a television set used as a monitor. The larger the monitor the better the visibility and interaction between students and the instructor. The Mail application also functions well for small groups.
Closed Captioning is highly functional. Delay time between speech and text display is minimum. A test using a television news program in the background, every word was displayed with correct spelling and grammar. Excellent.
Comparing Google Meet and Microsoft Teams reveals a basic difference. Google Meet is a creative suite of applications for individual personalities. Microsoft Teams is more structured as a business suite.
Thank You Google.
Mystery of Deep State Logic:
Legal requirements are initially information and only learned when experienced through practice. With sufficient practice, knowledge becomes wisdom and foresight. To the uninformed and inexperienced, the term deep state reflects a mythical state functioning within a conspiracy theory.
Deep State may have become an overused term in reference to recent political issues and openly debated media ethics. The concept has existed and perplexed citizens of nations for centuries. Students frequently learn requirements of their profession through storytelling by teachers and professors.
Storytelling is not sufficient to achieve success in any profession or trade. Students should be taught how to ask and research questions, interpret and apply the norms, requirements and specifications of the products and services of their profession.
Critical Thinking has become the internal component taught in education courses to establish a lifelong pattern of learning and problem solving. Deep state logic of education is applied in broad general terms.
Graduates experience deep state logic (legal requirements) covering human resources, working hours, dress code, performance measurements, and more during indoctrination classes within their new organization. Many companies and organizations are sufficiently large to have personnel assigned to individual departments with responsibilities for these areas. However, in many small businesses and organizations, responsibilities for all of these requirements may be managed by a single employee. The smaller the organization, the more difficult it becomes for assigned personnel to be familiar, and comply with the requirements.
As employees are promoted to the position of supervisor, manager, department head, vice president and CEO levels, deep state legal requirements increase in breadth and complexity. In addition to general requirement areas students learn through education. Many professions must achieve certification and licensing during employment and state or federal exam as: auditors, accountants, doctors, educators, engineers, lawyers, law enforcement, researchers, writers, and more.
Although certification or licensing is required by many professions, personnel employed by large organizations that have a certified or licensed “direct” supervisor responsible for the work of employees may have non-certified or unlicensed personnel assigned to them.
When personnel have achieved knowledge, wisdom and foresight at their current employment level, they are either promoted within, or leave the organization for a new career. Planning for the change is valuable to the employee and employer for stability of their careers and the organization.
Deep State (Merriam-Webster Dictionary): An alleged secret network of especially non-elected government officials and sometimes private entities (as in the financial services and defense industries) operating extra-legally to influence and enact government policy.
Deep State (Wikipedia Dictionary): A deep state (from Turkish: derin devlet), also known as a state within a state, is a form of clandestine government made up of hidden or covert networks of power operating independently of a state’s political leadership, in pursuit of their own agenda and goals. Examples include organs of state, such as the armed forces or public authorities (intelligence agencies, police, secret police, administrative agencies, and government bureaucracy).
Compounding the mystery of the Deep State are the tens of thousands of construction requirements, material standards and specifications, building and environmental laws, inspection and licensing requirements for facilities and factories, farming, food, infrastructure (bridges, roads, railways, airlines, pipelines, power grids, etc…), entertainment, gaming, wildlife sanctuaries, clothing, medicine and more.
It is virtually impossible to find anything that is not covered by a written standard or specification. There are standards and specifications for the air breathed in the general environment, in the home, in the hospital, and at work and more. There are differing standards and specifications for materials depending on the location they are used.
All the standards and specifications, and laws are created by industry committees, professional societies, government organizations and international governments. Many creative activities require local, state and federal permits and environmental studies. Recently, space exploration has received increased emphasis and will require international coordination.
Professional employees and trades personnel perceive they have an unmanageable number of requirements to comply with and consider this in total, the Deep State.
Terms: Requirements, standards, specifications, permits, license, etc., documents are essentially written in contract law and referred to as “boilerplate language.” Conforming to them is required and establishes a contract between two parties, where the terms and conditions of the contract are set by one of the parties, and the other party has little or no ability to negotiate more favorable terms and is thus placed in a “take it or leave it” position. Documents form a contract between business(s)/government and can be a few, several hundred, and multiple volumes thousands of pages in length. Boilerplate (Bing.com)
Observation Research Phase I:
Initial research presented in the New Future Guide is intended to be understood and useful for most citizens.
Methods utilized are nonparticipatory and passive in nature. This method is based on horizon scanning, a future technique. Observers acknowledge and record external issues and events, similar to noting, recording and reporting news and research narratives.
External issues and events may appear to be interconnected and/or repetitive in nature. When this occurs, the observer may initiate an external search for supporting data and information to explore validity for an initial hypothesis. When supporting data and information validate the initial hypothesis, research may continue to the next phase.
Observation Research Phase II:
- This phase is conducted as nonparticipatory or passive observation research, meaning there is no contact or discussion with the subject(s) or objects observed. Refer to the Type of Participant Observation Chart.
- The observation research process moves into a phase supported by multiple observers and/or the use of verified and validated data and information provided by external sources. Outcomes at this step are reported as observations, not as opinions.
- To form opinions, the research process must include agreement among multiple observers and/or data and information sources on the same issue or event.
- Observations should include data and information from reliable sources, such as government data bases and reports.
- When presenting data and information narratives acquired from reliable sources, the result is reflected as an observation, not as an opinion.
- When multiple observers report concurrence regarding the same issue or event, opinions may be stated. However, opinions require credible evidence and proof of the hypothesis to be accepted.
- Example of an external observation report narrative substantiated by external data and information is the SOTU: State of The Union Backdrop Summary.
- Active research issues will be documented on individual subject pages with links under the “Research” menu.
Observation Research Phase III:
Observations reported in the New Future Guide are summarized for citizens to review.
Upon completion, observations may be published as individual posts in the Online Log under a relative category.
Observation Research Phase IV:
Candidate issues to appear:
The Homeless – U.S. Economic Disequilibrium – Digital Warfare – Cultural Warfare & Insecurity – Far-east Instability – North Korea Weapons Test-bed – China Monopoly of World Resources – South and Central America Socialism – Status of the Soft WWIII.
- Observation researchers must establish and maintain the research process with care and vigilance. Far too often, personal attitudes or opinions are inserted into the process, thereby misdirecting outcomes away from the issues or events. This results in a case of analyzing a participant or external source thought process, not the issue or event.
- When performing observations and evaluating outcomes of occurrences, be they related to things, ideas and concepts or actions of individuals or groups; observations frequently demonstrate interacting components forming a system.
- People interact with things and other people, and express ideas and concepts between them as a system. Even things in the form of technology provide feedback which affects the interaction of things, people and groups as systems.
- Organizations are hierarchical in nature, with a systemic relationship between levels. Activities and beliefs usually flow through an organization at varying degrees, from the top level to the lower level.
- Technology systems may have sequential and/or parallel components and systems which are affected by data inputs throughout the main system. An error in data at one component can be feed to other components and systems causing irregular functioning or failure.
- Refer to the Online Log – Research Category: Success with Complex Issues and Systems, and Complex Ordered Issues and Systems Model.
- There are numerous research applications and techniques available for evaluating issues, events, conditions, science, engineering, finance, economics, anthropology, humanities, sociology, psychology and more.
- Frequently research is presented as divided into two regions of logic, qualitative or quantitative. The fact that both of these general research regions are identified as “having issues,” is perennial in the research community. Qualitative constantly attempts to prove it is quantitative, and quantitative attempts to prove outcomes are valid. The statement at the conclusion is frequently . . . “requires further study.”
- In reality, it is common, as presented in the process outlined above, to begin with qualitative research, and followup with quantitative research.
- Another issue is the use of out-of-date references while performing research. There are thousands of colleges, universities and organizations worldwide, where researchers frequently utilize out-of-date and unverified references.
- Ethnography is a term related to observation research of peoples and cultures with their customs, habits, and mutual differences. Keep in mind that as a nonparticipating and passive observer, the challenges can be significant. Presence of mind, the ability to remain calm and take sensible action is required to achieve success.
- Research subjects are generally covered in statistics courses at the undergraduate level. Theoretical and applied research courses are required at the graduate level. Review of courses and videos depicts a dearth in the application of ethnography and observation research outside of college degree requirements.
Comments: The following videos are typical of issues and events observed on a daily basis. However, they are on a lower order of complexity than those identified in Phase IV as Candidate Issues for research.
Ethnography or observation research
Ethnography: Ellen Isaacs at TEDxBroadway
Free Online Open Learning Courses:
Qualitative Research Methods from MIT on edX: A free short course. Frequently, courses are archived after the initial offering date for online open learning.
How to prepare for and conduct conversational interviews, that will produce rich qualitative data. How qualitative and quantitative research complement each other in a research project.